J.H. LAVENDER & COMPANY LIMITED – Quality Policy
J.H. Lavender has fully embraced the philosophy and disciplines required in the International Quality Standard IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 as the model on which to base the Company’s Quality Policy and Business Operational Processes.
J.H. Lavender encourages the development, on-going training and involvement of its workforce in order to achieve and maintain an innovative approach to the Company’s core business of manufacturing and supplying aluminium high pressure and gravity castings and the machining of aluminium castings (excluding design). The Company has declined the authority for product design within IATF 16949:2016 Clause 8.3 and this remains the responsibility of our customers but are still responsible for manufacturing design.
J.H. Lavender is totally committed to exceeding its customer’s expectations, therefore enhancing customer satisfaction and promoting long-term partnerships through seeking to ensure continuous improvement on quality, cost and the service for the products it supplies.
J.H. Lavender regards the concept of Total Quality as a framework for setting strategic business objectives. This commitment being communicated understood and practiced by all members of the Company’s workforce and it’s suppliers.
It is fulfilled through effective application of the Company’s Business Operational System, the use of new technologies, risked based thinking and best practice methods, together with compliance to specific customer, national and international regulatory requirements and environmental legislation, expectations and needs of relevant interested parties.
J.H. Lavender places emphasis on manufacturing customer value added, right first time product, efficiency, the prevention of waste. J.H. Lavender Quality Policy is reviewed annually to ensure its on-going effectiveness and suitability, together with continual measurement and evaluation of its business performance indicators to ensure achievement of targets against defined objectives in order to continually improve upon its business performances.
J.H. Lavender Quality Policy is communicated to all persons working for and on behalf of the Company and is available to all interested parties on the J.H. Lavender website.
J.H. LAVENDER & COMPANY LIMITED – Environmental Policy
J. H. Lavender Limited is a privately owned 3.8 acre site located in a residential area of West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom. Approximately 2 acres has been dedicated to the manufacture of fully finished aluminium castings.
J. H. Lavender is committed to reducing our environmental impact, both globally and locally to our neighbours through the Company’s environmental management system process controls and endeavour to influence our suppliers and customers.
J.H. Lavender recognises its responsibilities and is commited to reducing the environmental impact globally, locally to its neighbours and to its employees. As a result J.H. Lavender is commited to managing and improving environmental performance, working towards environmental sustainability through continuous improvement with the EMS and enacting the philosophy of reducing the usgae with increasing re-use of materials.
J.H. Lavender Senior Management are committed to ensure that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in both the Company’s and all employees culture and will endeavour to influence our suppliers and customers in a similar strategic environmental manner.
Specific J.H. Lavender initiatives are to:
- Reduce waste by close co-operation with our waste contractors and by waste reduction at source,waste segregation and recycling.
- Reduce energy consumption by monitoring, identifying opportunities and by employing new energy saving technologies.
- Maintain the ISO 14001 environmental standard.
Our aims are to:
- Comply fully with all the compliance issues including regulatory and other requirements, and the expectations and needs of relevant interested parties.
- Setting objectives and targets that take into account both regulatory requirements and analysis of significant aspects for the continuous minimisation of our impacts on the environment. Our aspects will
be published internally but not communicated outside the company.
- Identify, reduce and ultimately prevent pollution sources within our organisation, optimising the use of raw materials to minimise waste whilst fostering energy efficiencies and environmental benefits.
- Encourage our suppliers and contractors to consider the Environmental effects of their own processes and activities, with future selection of our suppliers supporting by an Environmental assessment.
- Raise general environmental awareness and motivation for all our employees enabling activities to be carried out in a responsible manner and identifying special needs, training and education as appropriate.
- Maintaining a policy of openness and dialogue with our employees, stakeholders and any other interested parties.
J.H. Lavender Environmental Policy will be reviewed annually, communicated to all employees, contractors, suppliers and is available to the public on the J.H. Lavender website.